Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Start Spreading the News.....

For some strange reason I haven't been able to get America out of my head the past few days. I've visited the States twice before, once on a two and a half week tour of America and Canada with my parents years ago and the second was my failed J1 attempt in 2012. I had gone majorly off the idea of visiting because I was so disappointed with my visit that Summer, in reality I should have just gone to New York where I had more contacts and got a job there, but I was adamant I was going to Cape Cod, which was a decision I ended up regretting in the end!  I ended up hoping on a bus to New York, after leaving Nantucket, extremely annoyed and wanting to enjoy myself before I left the States. I decided in that moment that after five weeks of Cape Cod, I needed the excitement of New York, when I arrived I was sad to have already booked my flights home because let's be realistic New York should have always been my first choice! New York is like London, it has that feeling in the air that anything is possible, that things are happening, people are achieving their dreams, and living exciting lives. I love New York, and the past few days I have been thinking more and more about travelling in the US especially San Fran and LA (hopefully soon).





























































































































Mini-Guide
Eat Cupcakes at Sprinkles (780 Lexington Ave) or Magnolia Bakery (Grand Central Station)
Look at the excellent collection at The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Visit the cute animals at Central Park Zoo
Take a trip to the theatre and see Phantom of the Opera
Go on the Staten Island Ferry (very SATC)
See the views from the Empire State
Take a stroll in Central Park 
Spot the Naked Cowboy in Times Square
Be a child again at Toys R' Us and FAO Schwarz
Try get on David Letterman (we were asked if we wanted tickets in Times Sq)
Make sure you're in town for Gay Pride
Look at the beautiful architecture of Grand Central Terminal
Wander around the different areas of the city and get a feel for each place
Go on a grafitti hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment